Before the construction of the building, the village was essentially concentrated around the church. The realization of the city hall-school project come to structure the heart of the village.

Epis de faîtage

This element of public architecture was built between 1889 and 1890. The architect Auguste Marchand optimized the plan in order to create three functions: the classroom, town hall and housing of the teacher, in a minimum of space.

Originally, the building consists of two parts of identical appearance, distinguished with the extension made in the late 1990s. The original style, with a very neat exterior, is preserved: slate stone for facades, brick and freestone for frames and corner chains. The bottom corners are granite.

In 1945, the mixed school closed. The teacher housing is then rented out and the classroom is made available to the young people of the municipality. They come to exchange and participate in games. The town hall, as for it, is maintained in the building.

A cafe existed near the church. After its closure, in order to not lose this place of conviviality of the commune, the municipality buys the license and creates a new place of life. At the opening, the 30th of June 1991, the old school became a café and also offers catering.

From 1991 to 1995, the town hall and the restaurant coexist in the building.
Subsequently, two changes take place by rallying the heart of the village. First of all, in order to make way for the activity of the restaurant, which is becoming more important, the town hall is moving to its current premises. These are at the first sign of the Chancé heritage circuit. In the same way, the managers having a restoration activity, the license which belongs to the commune is reallocated to the old café and allows the opening of a new place of life.

The old town hall and school