A first church:
The building consisted of a nave ending with a right apse and presented to the north, a chapel whose construction was attributed to the lords of Gué. Inside of the church, there are two paintings who may have been realized by Charles Le Brun, first painter of Louis XIV.
– The Annunciation, who disappeared at the same time of the church disappearance.
– Saint Peter crying his son, is now in the sacristy of the actual church.
In 1580, Mathurin du Gué, Lord of the Gué and of Servon died in Anjou. When the church was destroyed, we found near the altar, north side, a box reliquary made out of lead, with inside the remains of a dead body.
On February 28th 1868, the inspector of communal buildings Mr. Lagarde, point out the poor state of the church. He advise to destroy it and rebuilt it in order to have a stronger church who could last for many years.
A new church :
After several and endless debates, the construction of the new church begin on the emplacement of the last church. It will be done in 1885 supervised by a contractor Mr. Huchet. The first stained-glass windows will be created by Mr. Claudius Lavergne, student of the famous painter Jean-Dominque Ingres.
The stone (Crazannes stone) used to build the interior of the building comes from quarries located in Charente-Maritime. This slightly amber stone has been exported throughout Europe (Cologne cathedral) to America (the base of the Statue of Liberty).
Several architects will help for the interior decoration of the church, including M. Regnault, which several realizations can be observed on the territory.